February Ruminations

It is funny that when I post routinely I am accused of putting out meaningless drivel from time to time yet if I slow down the number of blogs I get comments asking why I am not keeping it up to date.  Sometimes you just can't win.

I usually take the one break I have during the day to update either the website or the blog.  When I am not at work I am usually busy doing other things that do not afford me the time to sit down and type out my thoughts.  At least at work I can focus my quick break on trying to get something out that is a little more relevant.  I had stated before that things have been busy at work which has not afforded me much time, but I am also back teaching once again and that has taken up what little time I had before.  I enjoy teaching, it is something that I missed when I moved to this particular job and so I am glad to have the opportunity to do this once again.  Unfortunately it is just not the time which is consumed by actually teaching but having to take the time and read so that I can stay on top of my game.  It is difficult when you are asked a question by your student and you know the answer, but you cannot present it in an academic manner.....instead what almost comes out of your mouth is, "because it just is."  Not a very intelligent answer.  So I spend a good part of the day brushing up on my basics so that I can give a more academic, cognitive answer.  Either that or I tell my student that he brought up a good question, now go look it up and present it to me.  That is easier.

Not much has happened since I last posted here; the new Trading Post is slowly being completed.  Insulation and dry wall should be in by the end of this week and by next work party we should be looking at putting in cabinets, shelves, counter tops and items like that.  The store room behind the SMG is also slowly being completed with a new ammo room being formed as well as insulation going in there as well.  We should be getting rid of the old rope storage shed (the one that has the emergency bell attached to it).  This will allow us to expand the parking lot even more.  The SMG parade field is being regraded so the slope is a little less and new seed has been planted.  On the other side of camp, the MBC project is moving ahead slowly and hopefully will be complete by the end of May......"hopefully" being the key word.  Interviews will continue next month and by that time we should have the core group of the staff hired by the end of March.  Of course, there is always a few changes here and there.....but what else is new.....